Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Apple Pie Egg Rolls

A few nights ago, I made a family favorite for dinner:  buffalo chicken egg rolls.  When they were cooking, I was getting ready to put the leftover egg roll wrappers in the fridge when out of the corner of my eye I saw our bowl of apples, and I had a great idea:  what about apple egg rolls for dessert??

So, I cut up some apples and threw some stuff together and wouldn't you know, it tasted great! 

I decided to make another batch of these this morning to take with us to the fair tonight.... and to photograph for this blog post.  Hehe

Here is what ya do:

Cut up a couple of apples, and put them in a bowl.  To soften them up a little bit, you can either boil them on the stove or put them in the microwave a few minutes (of coarse, I take the quick way and use the microwave).

Lay out your egg roll wrapper on the counter and place a few slices of apple in the middle.  Drizzle some honey across the apples, and sprinkle on some cinnamon.  Sorry, there are no measurements for this one, just drizzle and sprinkle until it looks tasty!
Now, roll up your egg roll.  The left and right sides fold in, then fold the bottom up over the apples.  Wet the top corner of the eggroll with a little water, then roll the egg roll up tight.  The water will make the end stick to stay closed.

Place your egg rolls on a greased pan (I use my cooking stone).  Using a pastry brush, brush some olive oil on top so they brown up nice.  If you are like me and can't find your pastry brush, just ball up a papertowel and dab the oil on.  Real professional, right?

Bake at 400 degrees for about 10 minutes.  Just keep and eye on them so they brown but don't burn.

 
This is the easiest apple pie you will ever make!
 
 
MMmmmmmm!!!



***  The egg roll wrappers are usually in the produce section of your grocery store near the cabbage. 

No comments:

Post a Comment