Saturday, September 22, 2012

Lemon Honey Chicken

Chicken, its whats for dinner.  Actually its whats for dinner most nights in our house, so how could I do a week of honey recipes without having chicken as one?

This chicken has a nice mix of flavors with a spicy kick. Love it!

Start by mixing up your maranade. 

2 Tbs honey
Juice from 2 limes (about 1/4 cup)
1/4 veggie oil
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp kosher salt
1 tsp black pepper
 


Add your chicken to the maranade, and mix to coat.  I use chicken breasts, but you can use whatever you like.  Let the chicken sit in the maranade for awhile.  I like to let it sit over night, but I'm a last minute kind of person so usually it ends up only being able to sit for 30 minutes or so.  Whatever :)

This chicken is great for the grill (7 minutes or so on each side), but of coarse it was raining too hard the day I made it, so I threw it in the oven on about 375 for 30 minutes or so.  Still turned out great.




No comments:

Post a Comment